ingrid

ingrid

SPOILER ALERT!

Lover At Last: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) - J.R. Ward I have three stars but the more I think of this book the more I am tempted to take a star of.

There was so much more going on in this book then just the story of B&Q that it takes the whole focus away from them.
One could say that for the m/m haters, eeh dislikers, they can buy this book, skip their story and just read the plot. There would be about 550 pages left of the book.
This is one case where I would have liked less plot and more about the "main" characters and their immediate friends. Where was John? Where was the scribe virgin, the mating ceremony, the lube, Wraths' and all the others views on this couple?
In almost the whole book just when things started to get interesting between B&Q the chapter ends and the story goes Xcor, Layla or Assail. I don't care! Certainly not for these story lines. The only one I like to see concluded, in a positive way, is Wrath's keeping the throne one.
As for the romance plot, one decent conversation in chapter two would have solved all B&Qs' problems.

So all in all I am disappointed. I wonder what a real m/m paranormal writer would have made from this story.